In less than 24 hours, the numerous responses were quick and varied, with several unique ideas introduced.
Topping the list of Port Washington recommendations was pet initiatives, better bicycle lanes, business suggestions, children's activities and safety concerns.
Here are some of Port's wishes for the new year:
- A gym like NYSC or Planet Fitness.
- Reduced speed limit on Port Washington Boulevard near the middle school.
- Add bicycle lanes throughout town.
- A place to get children's clothes and accessories in Port.
- Allow dogs in park areas.
- Expand the Landmark Teen Center to include all teens in town and address their interests and hobbies.
- Start a baby-sitting co-op.
- Promote a ride-share program.
- Structure a paddle boarding regata.
- Two more crossing guards. One on Willowdale and South Bayles and Vanderventer and Bayles in the morning and afternoon.
- Better bike lanes and more town pride on Port Boulevard.
- Make Main Street more appealing to attract new businesses.
- Offer a teen center annex uptown closer the Port Boulevard so kids have easier access.
- Stop approving the same types of business!
- A more pet-friendly town.
- Restaurants with outside good-weather seating so people may bring their dogs.