NorthShoreAlert, the mass communication system, issued the following message Thursday evening.
- As explained in last communique, a POD for the distribution of Meals Ready to Eat (MREs) and bottled water will open at the PW train station in morning. There is no charge. It is a drive-through. The entrance is from Main St. It will be open from 7am to 6pm.
- Some small areas of power have returned to Main St and downtown Manhasset--not to Plandome Hts as earlier stated. As for the remaining areas, LIPA must still contend with the many broken power poles and tree-entangled lines. Some areas may get power sooner. Some may take much longer.
- The SATs and SAT2s scheduled for this Saturday at both high schools will be rescheduled.
- Driving Alert: Please STOP before crossing major intersections without traffic lights--the dangers are increasing! Please treat these intersections as 4-way stops!
- The PW Schreiber Recovery Community Center is open this evening till 11pm with charging stations, warmth, and hot meals from local restaurant.
Sign up for alerts at NorthShoreAlert.org.