Pack up your picnic baskets and lawn chairs - and take a spot on the Sands Point Preserve's Great Lawn for a magnificent 4th of July Holiday Concert of patriotic, pop, and Broadway music performed by the Garden State Philharmonic on Sunday, July 8 at 4:00 pm. In case of rain, the concert will be held inside the massive Castlegould Black Box Theater.
This concert marks the opening of the Friends of the Sands Point Preserve's Summer Music Series 2012. The next performances are the North Shore Music Festival's productions of two magical operas: "The Barber of Seville" on July 14 at 7:00 pm and July 15 at 3:00 pm; and "La Boheme" on August 11 at 7:00 pm and August 12 at 3:00 pm. These operas will be performed by an outstanding cast of young opera singers, accompanied by chamber orchestras in the beautiful setting of historic Hempstead House.
Evening opera events begin with cocktails and dinner at 7:00 pm; performances at 8:00 pm followed by dessert and coffee. Matinees begin with wine & cheese and dessert & coffee at 3:00 pm and performances at 3:30 pm.
To encourage young audiences at the operas, discounted youth tickets are available.
- Gate Admission: $25 per car – free for Friends members.
- VIP Tickets: $20 per person, including preferred seating and parking in designated areas.
- Sponsorship: $250 includes 4 VIP tickets, gate admission, and 1/4 page Ad in the Summer Playbill
- Single ticket – $80 Evening & $60 Matinee
- 4 or more tickets to one or both operas – $75 Evening & $55 Matinee
- Youth Tickets (ages 10 to 17) – $30 Evening & $10 Matinee
For tickets and sponsorship information, please call 516-571-7901, email email@example.com and see the Performing Arts page on www.thesandspointpreserve.com