With summer just around the corner, here is a look at the 2012 Summer Concert Series. It features 30 performances and a number of different artists from all types of muscial backgrounds.
Check out this year's schedule below:
(Sunday afternoons) 175 West Shore Road, Port Washington. Call 869-6311 for rain date information.
Bring a chair, parking fees apply. Parking permits for the season are available to all Nassau County Residents, daily fees are available. All shows 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., enjoy the sun and the music
- Sunday, July 8: The Projekt – one of Long Island’s top high energy variety bands – bring your dancin’ shoes!
- Sunday, July 15: Kenny Vance & The Planotones Popular group – “Looking For An Echo” Million records sold – the oldies music of the 50’s & 60’s with asophisticated point of view.
- Sunday, July 22: Groove Buffets – fabulous band with the sounds of the 60’s; 70’s and 80’s
- Sunday, July 29: Michael Patrick presents Ring of Fire Tribute to the music of the legendary Johnny Cash, country music
- Sunday, August 5: The Driftwoods – a tribute to the fabulous Beach Boys
- Sunday, August 12: Renegade – a fun band playing all types of dancing and singing music; evening show: 8 p.m. to 10 p.m: Persian concert group to be announced.
- Sunday, August 19: Soul Be It Funk & Soul band, hottest tunes around
- Sunday, August 26: Kids Stock All Day at 8:30 p.m. followed by drive-in movie Rio on the big screen.
2012 Young People and The Arts Series
Tuesday Mornings at 10:30 a.m., call 869-6311 for rain information. Free and everyone is welcome, groups of five or more are encouraged to call 869-6311.
- Tuesday, July 17: The Fuzzy Lemons at Clark Botanic Garden, fun music with laugh out loud lyrics, inspiring kids to sing and dance
- Tuesday, July 24: David Levitan Magic Show at Clinton G. Martin Park, great magic and mentalist show for kids of all ages.
- Tuesday, July 31: Beth and Scott Bierko Party Concert – at Fuschillo Park, music and song with a purpose for kids.
- Tuesday, August 7: Monkey, Monkey Music – at Manorhaven Beach Park, fun music for young kids ages 4 years-6 years of age.
Mary Jane Davies Park, Monday Nights 7:30 p.m., free; bring a chair; Plandome Road, Manhasset gazebo. Rain location: Manhasset Public Library
- Monday, July 9: Something Special Big Band – 17-Piece Count Basie style band. Harry James, Glenn Miller, etc.
- Monday, July 16: Quick Draw – a country jam band with a touch of blues and southern rock
- Monday, July 23: Liverpool Shuffle – a passion to keep the music of The Beatles alive.
- Monday, July 30: Swingtime Big Band under the baton of Steve Shaiman. Vividly brings this classic music to life for a new generation of audiences
- Monday, August 6: Matt Marshak Jazz Band – a lively, energetic show of contemporary jazz
- Monday, August 13: The Dirty Socks Funtime Band – family night, this group brings rock and happiness with crazy fun tunes for all ages.
Clark Botanic Garden (Tuesday nights, rain dates Thursdays 7 p.m.) 193 I U Willets Road, Albertson, free; bring a chair
- Tuesday, July 10: Brian Lewis & New Vintage Swing Band – bubbles with unparallel energy and charisma swing and big band music
- Tuesday, July 17: Plaza Productions Presents “Cinderella” – family night with a live production of the classic story Cinderella
- Tuesday, July 24: North Shore Pops Concert Band – playing Broadway music, Sousa marches; tunes of Cole porter and Jazz of Duke Ellington
- Tuesday, July 31: David Sear followed by Gathering Time – David presents folk music of our time and of time gone by and Gathering Time is an acoustic folk harmony trio presenting folk of the 60’s and 70’s from Peter, Paul and Mary as well the music of the Eagles and America
- Wednesday, August 1: Five Towns College Pops Band under the baton of Dean Karahalis featuring the music of today and yesterday followed by Movie at Darkenss on the big screen – “Arthur” the 1981 comedy starring Dudley Moore and Liza Minnelli
- Tuesday, August 7: 45 RPM – this band plays note perfect renditions of songs the heyday of the 70’sand 80’s including the Beatles; Steely Band; Eric Clapton; Steely Dan Band
, free; bring a chair
1801 Evergreen Ave., New Hyde Park – Rain Location:
- Saturday, July 21: 7:30 p.m., “The ”– they create the sights and sounds of The Beatles with perfect Beatle sounds and costumes that excitethe audience. This group features members who starred in the actual Broadway production.
Manorhaven Beach Park Fields 158 Manorhaven Blvd Manorhaven (Port Washington) Rain location: , Port Washington
- Friday, July 27: 7 p.m. – Barry Waller original member of the band “Mazarin” followed immediately by the band “Orleans”; 7:30 p.m. – nationally recognized group with hits such as: “You’re Still the One”, “Dance with Me.”
1601 Marcus Ave., New Hyde Park. Rain location: Clinton G. Martin community building
- Friday, July 13: 7:30 p.m. – “Randy and the Rainbows” – this group is famous for “Denise, Denise” and other golden oldies sounds
- Friday, July 20: 7:30 p.m. – “It’s Only Rock ‘n Roll” – rock ‘n roll sounds of today and the past decades
- Friday, August 3: 7:30 p.m. – “Bad Medicine” – the best tribute group to the music of Bon Jovi
Martin Reid Park Broadway & Urban Avenues, New Cassel
- Friday, August 10: 7 p.m. – LC Entertainment – award winning group, singing Gladys Knight, the Temptations, Luther Vandross & more; followed immediately by The Persuaders at 8:15 p.m. – R & B music; hits of the 70’s “Thin Line Between Love & Hate”
Movies in the Parks, call for details and rain information 869-6311
- August 1 at Clark Botanic Garden – 193 IU Willets Road, Albertson at 8:30 p.m. – The original “Arthur”
- August 3 at Martin “Bunky” Reid Park – Broadway & Urban Avenue, Westbury (New Cassel) at 8:30 p.m. – “Are We There Yet?”
- August 19 at Clinton G. Martin Park – 1601 Marcus Avenue, New Hyde Park at 8 p.m. – “Hugo”
- August 26 – Drive In Movie at North Hempstead Beach Park – 175 West Shore Road, Port Washington at 8 p.m. – “Rio”
Children’s Orchestra Society
- Wednesday, August 8: the alumni and staff of the Children’s Orchestra Society at , 7:30 p.m. Send a stamped self addressed envelop to: COS – 1801 Evergreen Ave., New Hyde Park, NY 11040