Especially active in hiring is the North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System, which said recently that it hires about 100 people each week.
If you're looking for part-time work, Target plans a big job fairThursday-Saturday at Whitman High School to staff its new store in Huntington Station.
For information on more openings, check our Career Builder list.
Security Guard, Roosevelt Field
Security guard needed for an upscale retail store.
Pet Care Specialist, PetSmart
PetsHotel specialists perform a variety of tasks, including feeding, dispensing medications and exercising.
CT Technologist, Franklin Hospital
- Prepares patient for examination.
- Explains procedure to patient
- Setsup equipment to administer the procedure.
- Ensures patient is screened according to protoco
- Performs CT / DX procedures
- Calculates the number of scans to be obtained
- Contacts radiologist to review and ascertain whether additional scanning is required
- Accept and process deposits, payments, checks for cashing and other transactions
- Ready workstation at start of shift
- Strike and balance cash and transactions at end of shift
Social Worker, LIJ
- Provide direct service to patients and their families
- Travel to patient homes and community meetings.
- Maintain appropriate documentation
- Prepare materials for supervisory conferences.
- May direct the activities of paraprofessional staff, social work interns and volunteers.
- May participate in research, staff development programs and community liaison activities.
- Analyze and review current procedures to improve processes and improve on metrics.
- Coordinate events, seminars, and SaMPS meetings.
- Develop and enhance existing salesforce.com platform
- Follow-up on new leads
- Maintain specifically assigned lead, opportunity, contact, and account record types and provide sales report to show progress
Maintains personnel, budgeting, purchasing and general office files; performs tasks independently and in conjunction with the dean and the associate dean; establishes procedures where necessary; takes minutes of Chairpersons' meetings; works with department secretaries, faculty and staff within the School; assists with registration of students; oversees the flow of paperwork between the Deans' office and other campus constituents.
Office Automation Assistant, DOD Bethpage
- Provides office automation and a variety of other support services to management and auditors
- Serves as the personal computer point of contact
- Ensures that software updates are applied to the office PCs.
- Inputs audit management data and produces reports from the DCAA Management Information System.
- Produces audit reports and other documents using word processing software functions while working from handwritten draft, edited copy or electronic files.
- Stores, retrieves, and prints a variety of documents to include those requiring complex formats as graphics, tables or spreadsheets within text.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of athletic web pages for all intercollegiate sports.
- Coordinate the broadcast of contests as dictated by the needs of the sport.
- Serve as the public address announcer for specific sports to include soccer, baseball, lacrosse and softball. ·
- Proficiency in StatCrew for volleyball, soccer, basketball, baseball, softball, tennis and lacrosse.
- Serve as primary point of contact for publicity of all intercollegiate teams and 3 club teams.
- Serve as central media contact for game day operations at home events.
- Travel for away contests to provide media coverage for specific teams as necessary.
- Maintains knowledge and rules of the NCAA as it relates to this position.game day programs, game notes and press releases.
Tasks including but not limited to master scheduling input, data collection of student performance, test accommodations, proctor assignments, purchase requisitions, parent-teacher conferences. Participate in building-level activities, which include scheduling and facilitation of department meetings; selection and deployment of supplies & materials, curriculum, technology.
Social Media Moderator, Newsday
- Engage users on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.
- Brainstorm, draft and implement strategies to guide social media efforts.
- Monitor comments and user-generated content on newsday.com.
- Work with editors and reporters on using social media in newsgathering.
- Steer tips on breaking news/community news to the appropriate online and print editors.
- Build and maintain relationships with other websites, and serve as a conduit for ideas.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
Canvassers, Suffolk County Democrats
Canvassers needed for the Huntington area.