The Brittany Barron Blood Drive is set for Tuesday, July 1, from 3-7 p.m. at Landmark on Main Street in Port Washington
Brittany Barron a Guggenheim Elementary School third grader when she died of aplastic anemia, a non-malignant failure of the bone marrow. She required many blood transfusions during her illness.
The blood drive in her memory.
Walk-ins are always welcome. For an appointment, email Carol at email@example.com.
- Minimum weight 110 lbs.
- Age 16-75 (16-year-olds need parental permission form; 76+ need doctor’s note)
- No blood donations for past 56 days
- No tattoos for past 12 months
- Eat well (low fat) and drink plenty of fluids before donating
- Bring signature or photo ID
For medical and travel questions concerning blood donations call 800-688-0900.
Organizers say there are many children and adults on Long Island who require blood transfusions. More than 800 pints of blood are needed each day to meet the needs of these patients.