Aplastic Anemia Awareness.
Brittany Barron was in 3rd grade at the Guggenheim Elementary School when she died of aplastic anemia, a non-malignant failure of the bone marrow. She required many blood transfusions during her illness.
Walk-ins are always welcome! For an appointment, please email Carol email@example.com.
- Minimum weight 110 lbs.
- Age 16-75 (16-year-olds need parental permission form; 76+ need doctor’s note)
- No blood donations for past 56 days
- No tattoos for past 12 months
- Eat well (low fat) and drink plenty of fluids before donating
- Bring signature or photo ID
For medical and travel questions concerning blood donations call 800-688-0900.
There are many children and adults on Long Island who require blood transfusions due to bone marrow failure diseases, other serious illnesses, accidents, and surgeries. Over 800 pints of blood are needed each day to meet the needs of these patients. Please consider donating at the drive. Thanks for the support!
For more information, please visit facebook @BrittanysBuddies.