Show your holiday spirit by being this year’s “designer” decorator for the Christmas tree, located on Main Street in . To celebrate our 15th year, the Port Washington Christmas Tree Lighting Committee is opening up the decorating of the town Christmas Tree with a contest for local residents, businesses, and organizations.
When creating your entry, please adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Decorations must follow a Christmas theme.
2. Decorations must be suitable for outdoor display. Decorations should be at least 12 inches in diameter and approximately 50 ornaments are needed.
3. The Christmas tree is 18 to 20 feet tall and is professionally lit.
4. Assistance will be provided to “trim the tree.”
5. Christmas ornaments will be displayed December 2, 2012, through the Ephinany. The winner is responsible for ornament removal with assistance from the tree committee.
Applicants may enter the contest by sending their design proposal to Christmas Tree Lighting Committee at 36 Litchfield Road, Port Washington, NY, 11050 or C.Rudegeair@yahoo.com. Deadline for the contest is Sept. 7, 2012.
The winner will be notified by Sept. 28th, 2012, and announced in the Port Washington News and Patch.
Publicity of the winner includes signage at the tree along with photos and an article in local newspapers.