Bring some holiday cheer this year to a Port Washington youngster by donating to the "Make A Child Smile" program. Simply donate a new, uwrapped toy or non-perishable food item to a participating business in the .
Now in its fourteenth year, the program is a collaboration of the chamber, along with Police District Liaison Detective Anthony Guzzello, the Port Washington Fire Department and the Port Washington PBA to collect toys for children in Port Washington
Children who will receive the toys all live in Port Washington.
“The joy you receive from knowing your donation can ‘make a child smile’ will make your own holidays so much more meaningful and memorable,” said Guzzello, who created this Port Washington holiday tradition, in a statement.
There will also be a Food Drive to help the Twin Pines Food Pantry, which is experiencing an increase in the number of clients who are requesting food, but a decrease in the amount of donations. All participating businesses will be accepting donations of both food and toys.
Port’s residents and business people are being asked for donations of non-perishable food and new, unwrapped toys to be brought to
any of the participating Chamber of Commerce members listed below. Those
wishing to make a monetary donation can issue checks to Port Washington Chamber
of Commerce Toy Fund and brought to any of the same locations or mailed to:
Port Washington Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 121, Port Washington, NY 11050. Monetary donations will be used to purchase
gift cards and new toys for the children at stores in town. The collection will
runs through Dec. 18.
Chamber co-presidents Warren Schein and Mitch Schwartz hope the community will support these holiday drives in the same generous spirit that has been shown in the past.
Donations can be brought to any of the
following Chamber of Commerce members:
- Accents on Real Estate, 917 Port Washington Blvd.
- Alper’s Hardware, 81 Main St.
- Amsterdam at Harborside, 300 East Overlook
- Angelo’s Hair Salon, 132 Shore Rd.
- Anthony’s World of Floors, 49 Manorhaven Blvd.
- Arena Sport & Graphics, 52 Main St.
- Astoria Federal Savings Bank, 110 Main St.
- Attelia Baby, 184 Main St.
- Ayhan’s Mediterranean Market, 293 Main St.
- Ayhan’s Shish Kebab, 283 Main St.
- Bach To Rock, 1015 Port Washington Blvd.
The Bart Group, 171 Main St.
- Carnel’s Printing, 22 Main St.
- Daniel Gale
Sothebys International Realty, 350 Main St.
Diane’s Place Hair Salon, 191 Main St.
- S.F. Falconer Florist , 8 South Maryland Ave.
- The Folan Agency, 378 Port Washington Blvd.
- Frippery, 16 Main St.
- Gold Coast Family Dental, Two Cow Neck Rd.
- Happy Montessori School, 40 Pleasant Ave.
- Harding Real Estate, 404 Main St.
- Healthy Kids Pediatrics, 211 Main St.
- Joan Smith Flowers, 162 Main St.
- Long Island Alzheimer’s Foundation, 5 Channel Dr.
- Minuteman Press of Port Washington, 437 Port Washington Blvd.
- Nancy Sinoway Tailoring, 334A Main St.
- Om Sweet Om Yoga, 12 Irma Ave.
- People’s United Bank, 65 Shore Rd.
- Port Kitchen & Bath, 305 Main St.
- Port Washington Bicycles, 20 Soundview Marketplace
- Port Washington Chamber of Commerce, 329 Main St.
- Port Washington Federal Credit Union, 157 Main St.
- Port Washington Public Library, 1 Library Drive
- Shields Bros., 267 Main St.
- Twin Pines Co-op, 382 Main St.
- Valley National Bank, 960 Port Washington Blvd.
- Wright Music, 938 Port Washington Blvd.
- Zimbardi Financial Group, 223 Main St.