Brittany Barron was in 3rd grade at the when she died of aplastic anemia, a non-malignant failure of the bone marrow. She required many blood transfusions during her illness.
A blood drive in her memory is being held Tuesday at , 3-7:30 p.m.
Walk-ins are always welcome. For an appointment, please email Carol email@example.com.
- Minimum weight 110 lbs.
- Age 16-75 (16-year-olds need parental permission form; 76+ need doctor’s note)
- No blood donations for past 56 days
- No tattoos for past 12 months
- Eat well (low fat) and drink plenty of fluids before donating
- Bring signature or photo ID
For medical and travel questions concerning blood donations call 800-688-0900.
There are many children and adults on Long Island who require blood transfusions due to bone marrow failure diseases, other serious illnesses, accidents, and surgeries. More than 800 pints of blood are needed each day to meet the needs of these patients. Please consider donating at the drive. The family thanks the community for the support.
For more information, please visit facebook, where a special page has been established.