Nassau County Police need the public's help in their investigation of a burglary that occurred in Great Neck last week.
Detectives from the Sixth Squad say an 81-year-old woman was sitting in her home when she was confronted by a man in her living room.
When she asked the man who he was and why he was in her home, the man said he was from the and needed access to her rear yard for a fence installation, according to detectives. The woman said she was going to call the police, and the man fled her home through a side door.
Her 87-year-old husband, while standing outside their home, was also confronted by a man, who asked if he could take him into the rear yard.
Detectives ask anyone with information regarding this incident to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS.
A spate of graffiti attacks have been reported in the Syosset and Plainview area. There have also been reports of major thefts, but only one burglary report, this one in Oyster Bay.
- April 3: Erica Bates, 28, charged with robbery; Old Navy, Hicksville.
- April 8: Maurice Richard Saylor, 35, charged with petit larceny; Sears, Hicksville.
- April 5: Paul Anspake, 47, alcohol beverage prohibitions, LIRR, Hicksville.
- Latoya Whitfield, 29, of Long Beach was arrested and charged with harassment, disorderly conduct and obstructing governmental administration at East Pine Street on April 4.
- Lamont Maxwell, 20, of Long Beach was arrested and charged with menacing and criminal possession of a weapon with intent to use at West Market Street on April 4.
- Shameika Whitfiled, 35, of Long Beach was arrested and charged with harassment and obstructing governmental administration on April 5.