NorthShoreAlert, the mass communication system for the peninsula, issued this message Sunday at 5:31 p.m. Sign up for notices at NorthShoreAlert.org.
Sunday PM Recovery Update
- LIPA update: We have reports of some smaller sections of the community re-energized. Crews have been seen in Manhasset and throughout Port Washington. LIPA continues to project 90% restoration by Wed night. We wouldn't be surprised to see real progress tomorrow and Tuesday.
- Please be aware that LIPA crews have no need to enter your house. If requested, do not allow.
- Wednesday night, there is a possible Nor'easter blowing in. Sustained winds of 20mph with gusts to 30mph. Risk of more fragile trees falling. While LIPA does not expect it to prevent crews from being on the road, some additional outages are expected.
- Tonight is the last night for Manhasset HS shelter. After tonight, residents in need of a warm place to sleep will be directed elsewhere.
- Port Washington schools fully open tomorrow. Manhasset schools closed Mon and Tues.
- The Port Washington-Manhasset OEM Recovery Center at Landmark will be operating from 8am to 930pm tomorrow with a full range of activities, a place to recharge, and warm food. Students with no power or internet at home, are welcome after school to do their homework. We are arranging for some tutors to be available.
- Oranges, bananas, and apples would be graciously welcomed at the Center. Thank you to the so many of you who have contributed and shared so far.