Democrats announced Assembly leadership assignments Thursday for 2013-14 legislative session.
Among them was Assemblywoman Michelle Schimel, D-Great Neck, named vice chair of the majority Conference.
The new role will allow Schimel to have a stronger voice on the issues that affect District 16, according to a statement from Schimel's office Thursday.
The new post also means more pay for the lawmaker.
All Assembly assignments come with at least a $12,500 stipend, according to a Democrat and Chronicle report.
Schimel made $79,500 in 2012 with per diem of $61 for a half day and $171 for full day.
The Democratic-controlled Assembly consists of 150 members.
2013 Assembly majority leadership:
- Speaker: Sheldon Silver
- Majority Leader: Joseph Morelle
- Chair, Ways and Means Committee: Herman Farrell
- Deputy Speaker: Earlene Hooper
- Assistant Speaker: Rhoda Jacobs
- Speaker Pro Tempore: Jeffrion Aubry
- Chair,Committee on Standing Committees: Vivian Cook
- Assistant Speaker Pro Tempore: Harvey Weisenberg
- Deputy Majority Leader: N. Nick Perry
- Assistant Majority Leader: Dov Hikind
- Majority Whip: William Colton
- Deputy Majority Whip: Barbara Clark
- Assistant Majority Whip: José Rivera
- Chair, Majority Conference: Crystal Peoples-Stokes
- Vice-Chair, Majority Conference: Michelle Schimel
- Secretary, Majority Conference: Michael DenDekker
- Chair, Majority Program: Carmen Arroyo
- Chair, Majority Steering: Barbara Lifton
- Vice-Chair, Majority Steering: Alec Brook-Krasny
- Chair, Majority House Operations: Alan Maisel