Coinciding with Women’s History Month, the Town of North Hemstead announced the honorees for the 2013 Women’s Roll of Honor, which will pay tribute to the late May Newburger, former North Hempstead Supervisor and founder of the annual event.
The theme for this year's event is “Trail Blazers.”
"I am delighted to announce that we are adding another group of outstanding women to our Women’s Roll of Honor,” said Kaiman. “I invite all town residents to help us honor the women who have made a continuing difference in the Town.”
Since 1994, North Hempstead has held a Women’s History Month Breakfast to honor women who have made a contribution to their community, possess a special personal talent, or have accomplished a significant achievement through public or quiet work.
This year’s Women’s Roll of Honor Breakfast will take place on Thursday, March 21, 2013, from 8 a.m. 10 a.m. at the Clubhouse at Harbor Links in Port Washington. All are welcome. No reservation is necessary and admission is free.
The 2013 honorees:
- Grace Bryant, Westbury
- Marie Callahan, Williston Park
- Cindy Cardinal, Manhasset
- Marion Endrizzi, Manhasset
- Mindy Germain, Port Washington
- Renee Haber, East Hills
- Catherine Handy, Westbury
- Sharon Kovacs Gruer, Great Neck
- Linda Leaf, Great Neck
- Lauretta Murdock, Port Washington
- Rose Marie Murphy, Albertson
- Christine Napolitano, Mineola
- Ania Nassimi, Great Neck
- Parvanaugh Doustan Sarrah, Rosyln
- Jane Schwartz, Port Washington
- Stella Spanakos, Manhasset