NorthShoreAlert, the mass communication system for the Port Washington-Manhasset peninsula issued the following update on Thursday at 2:45 p.m.
- LIPA reports that the three damaged substations will be operative by this weekend.
- In a very encouraging sign, it has been reported that portions of Main St and Plandome Heights now have power. We don’t know when other areas will come back on.
- The County and Town, with support from the Port Washington Manhasset Office of Emergency Management, are opening a Point of Distribution (POD) for Meals Ready to Eat (MREs) and bottled water. It will be somewhere in Port Washington. Volunteers to staff it are asked to call the Town at 516-876-4472. Details on the opening of the POD will be forthcoming.
- Schreiber High School is open as a Recovery Community Center to charge your mobile devices, stay warm, socialize with others. Activities for children. From 8am-11pm. Tonight they will be hot food donated by local restaurants from 5:30pm on!
- LIRR is operating trains from Great Neck to Penn Station. They are not charging for service today and tomorrow.