If you missed the latest Town of North Hempstead meeting, here are some of the highlights:
- The Town board voted to set a public hearing for January 8 about setting a full stop on the northbound and southbound sides of Onderdonk Avenue in Manhasset where it intersects with George Street.
- The Town received a $20,000 gift from Hybrid Films, LLC related to its role in A&E's show Parking Wars. Supervisor Jon Kaiman said the Town has been asked to be featured on another season.
- A donation from the estate of Anne Luise Buerger of $24,000 was made to the Town animal shelter.
- The Manhasset Park District was acknowledged during the Town meeting for its work during Hurricane Sandy in the cleanup effort. Councilwoman Anna Kaplan thanked the district and Supervisor Kaiman said that the group "worked hand in hand with our crews."
- The Town board voted to change the October 23 meeting that was scheduled for next year to October 22 instead since Town meetings are typically on Tuesday.
- The Town board voted to allow the EOC to have its party for children at the senior center in Manorhaven on December 21. Councilwoman Dina DeGiorgio said the group needed a space for this party and that this will come at no cost to the Town.