If you missed Tuesday night's Town of North Hempstead board meeting, here are some of the highlights:
- A public hearing will be on June 19 to consider the recission and adoption of a measure that will create a crosswalk and new spot for 15-minute parking dealing with the Port Commons Shopping Center and Luester T. Mertz Plaza.
- Two measures pertaining to the Town's building department will have a public hearing on June 19.
- The Town board accepted a donation of food and barbecue services from the Meat House for the grand opening of the North Hempstead Beach Park new fields.
- The board accepted $5,000 in grant money from the Town of Oyster Bay related to storm damage.
- The board approved a measure to put out bids for a pump-out boat for Manhasset Bay Marina. Supervisor Jon Kaiman noted that $60,000 of the $80,000 cost is slated to come from grant money.
- The "Parking Wars" series has been approved to be filmed in the Town of North Hempstead by the board. Kaiman said he hopes this show will help to demonstrate what goes into parking enforcement. He later joked that all Town employees should park correctly rather than appear on this show.
- The board approved a measure to allow for an extra $2,000 in consulting services to be obtained from Grassroots Solutions regarding redistricting.