If you missed Tuesday's Town of North Hempstead meeting, here are some of the highlights:
- One parking spot is being eliminated on the southwest side of Main Street, west of Monroe Street to start a "No Stopping Here to Corner" parking restriction. Councilwoman Dina DiGeorgio explained that this was to create "better sight distance."
- A gift of two scoreboards was accepted by the board from the Roslyn Little League. These scoreboards will be used at the North Hempstead Beach Park baseball field.
- donated buoys to the Town to help create a rowing track at North Hempstead Beach Park.
- The Town board approved a measure that would allow the Shelter Connection to have a pet memorial brick paver program. Supervisor Jon Kaiman said that "there are still some concerns about how it will work" but added that the funds benefit the Town.
- The board approved an agreement with the Cellini Lodge related to the annual feast in New Hyde Park.
- The parking lots of and will be used for the Project Independence Mineola/Williston Park expansion open house. The catering hall of the will also be used for this occasion.
- The Town board approved of spending about $1,000 to have a concert showing appreciation to the service people who helped with the Manorville and Ridge brush fires. Kaiman mentioned that several other towns in Nassau and Suffolk were also asked to participate in this concert.