will be hosting a memorial service on Tuesday, Sept. 11, to commemorate friends, neighbors and family members who lost their lives on that day in 2001. The service will be held at 8:30 a.m. at the Clark Botanic Gardens, 193 I.U. Willets Road in Albertson.
Driving Seminars for Seniors
Project Independence, North Hempstead’s aging-in-place initiative, is hosting a series of seminars targeting car and pedestrian safety during the month of September.
Here is the schedule:
- Sept. 11, 12:30 p.m. – Pedestrian Safety Presentation, Great Neck Housing Authority, 700 Middle Neck Road, Great Neck
- Sept. 19, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – Safety Behind the Wheel,
- Sept. 19, 4-7 p.m. – CarFit Mary Jane Davies Park, across from
- Sept. 25, 12:15 p.m. – Safety Behind the Wheel, Fuschillo Park, Carle Road at Broadmoor Lane, Carle Place
- Sept. 26, 12:30 p.m. – Project Independence Outreach and Transportation Overview, , Port Washington
For more information, call 311.
Free Rabies Clinic
Town of North Hempstead Animal Shelter along with the Nassau County Board of Health will hold a free rabies clinic at the North Hempstead "Yes We Can" Community Center, 141 Garden Street in New Cassel, on Wednesday from 5-7 p.m. Dogs must be leashed and cats must be in carriers. Call 311 for more information.
Town Board Meeting
The Town Board meets next on Wednesday at Town Hall at 7:30 p.m.