School’s back in session in the district. Here are some things to keep in mind this year.
- Beginning next week and spanning through much of September, all Port Washington public schools will be holding bus safety drills. Read more on .
- Check the Port Washington school calendar for new parent meetings, and family inclusive welcome-back events
- Like other districts across the nation, Port Washington Public Schools are following new nutrition standards in their cafeterias. This means that all meals will meet age-appropriate calorie limits, with more fruits and vegetables, increased vegetable protein offerings, such as beans, and smaller portions of proteins and carbohydrates.
- Speaking of school meals, breakfast costs $1; lunch, $2.50. For convenience, parents may purchase lunch cards at www.myLunchMoney.com, or pay by check. School menus are available online.
- There’s a two-day school recess on Sept. 17-18, making for a long weekend that coincides with the Jewish New Year.